Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I think my tire has "issues"...

For the last month, I have been driving around on a flat-ish tire.

I knew that it was low, and the light on my dashboard would blink, (obnoxiously), yet there wasn't much I could do about it as I know nada about cars. I also just switched to a new contract at work and have accrued exactly 27 seconds of leave, and really didn't have the time to be taking off to hang out somewhere half the day trying to get it fixed.

I talked to my husband about my tire problem a few times, even going so far as asking him to show me how to put air in my tire. We have a compressor that I have never used, but figured if I flicked enough switches, something would happen.

The problem was that I didn't know how much air to put in it. (technically speaking that would be pounds of pressure). How much is too much before it just blows up?

He went around each tire with a stick thingie (he told me it is a gauge, and not to call it a stick thingie) that pops out revealing how many pounds of air the tire had.

Three tires each measured 37lbs. He told me that was good. He also showed me (in our darkened garage), that if you got up close to the tire, real close, and ran your hands along the tire (uh..you go ahead...looks dirty) you could read how many pounds of pressure were factory recommended. Huh...no idea that was on there.

I pretended like I was looking down studiously, but...I am blind as a bat at night, and truthfully I didn't care. I had just pretended to want to use his compressor knowing that he would pretty much do anything to keep me from doing exactly that. We aren't right, I know.

He got to the 4th tire, and the stick thingie didn't pop out. Is that bad? He shot me a dirty look, and said..."yessss...NO air is bad." ok then, you don't need to be snippy about it. He turned on the compressor and filled my tire with air. Looks pretty easy, but he can still do it.

He said that he suspected I had a hole and that I needed to get it fixed. Really? I am shocked. I figured they just went flat for no good reason at all.

Knowing that he had already made plans to go fishing the next day, I decided to take it in myself. This never works out well, as I don't know much about repairs and stuff and then he gets mad when they charge me $425 for a bloweroilrotorsocketfilterpad, telling me I didn't *need* one of those.

Well, if YOU know what I need...maybe YOU should take it in? I'm just sayin'.

No comments: