Monday, April 20, 2009

God's Country...

Anyone ever camped? I would imagine if you have read any of my previous blogs, you would probably think that this is something that I just wouldn't do. Not true! I love camping. In fact, if they invented an insect and snake-free camp-ground, I would be on that like white on rice.

Since living down here, we have gone camping several times to Lake Claiborne. Yesterday, instead of going to church, we went to "God's Country", which is my husband's reference to The Bass Pro Shop to look for camping stuff.

If you haven't ever been to one of their stores, I highly recommend it; fun for the whole family, including wives that don't fish, hunt or kill other things intentionally. They usually have some kind of giant aquarium that houses native fish to that particular state. HUGE native fish, and very cool to watch, particularly because they are enclosed behind safety glass. Not to mention, any kind of any outdoor kind of equipment you could ever want from unbelievable ski and pontoon boats to camouflage underwear or panties.

*I* don't actually own any camouflage myself, (nor do I want to), however, I do question the necessity for camouflage underwear. Would you buy something like that...just to make sure your WHOLE outfit is coordinated? Men don't usually care about stuff like that, unless they are metrosexual. There could be a whole lot of metrosexual hunters, and I am just not aware of it.




Or, would you buy something like that, in the event that you were going to pee off your tree stand, so the deer wouldn't be able to so EASILY see your frank-n-beans?


Anyway, we had a great time, and loved looking at all the cool camping gear and everything else. Can't wait to go again. :)

No comments: