Monday, April 20, 2009

You know you might be a redneck if...

This will be the first in a series of "You know you might be a redneck if...".

A while ago, my family and I went camping. Now...while we would like to be RV campers, we haven't made that jump yet.

So, there we are, at a very nice State Park in Louisiana; me, my husband, the girls, Cole (16 mos), and both miniature schnauzers, in a tent.

We are so dumb.

The baby cried for several hours as we tried to get him to sleep that night. Evidently, he wasn't thrilled with the accomodations in the pack-n-play, and the nighttime foresty noises of possums, coons and other wildlife I would rather not think about meandering around the campsite.

[please get me out of here]

Our dogs...barked, at everyone and everything, for hours as well. We did our best to keep them quiet, but nothing was working.

[The only time they weren't barking on the whole trip]

So...you know you MIGHT be a redneck if the people camping on either side of you pick up their crap and move in the middle of the night to get away from you.

On one side, the tent campers unstaked their tents and moved down three spots. The people in the RV...moved down to the other end.

I was pretty damn embarrassed and felt like the hillbilly cousins in The Griswold Christmas Vacation movie.

[shitters full]

I have declared there will be no more tent camping in our future. We either buy an RV that has some decent soundproofing, or we aren't going. So it is written, so it is done.

No comments: