Monday, April 20, 2009

You know you might be a redneck...Part 3

And third in our "you know you might be a redneck" contest, last week my husband came home from work with a rattlesnake tail and threw it on our makeshift table.

As *IF* this is a cool thing.

I have never seen one that wasn't on TV...so I wasn't really sure what it was at first. Apparently, he is now the "snake killin'" deputy.

Last week he went on a call in which there was a large (and judging by the tail..it was HUGE), rattlesnake in the yard of a woman's house. Apparently, she had tried to kill it herself with a hoe, but had managed to only nick it in the belly and daze it slightly. There may or may not have been a few OH LORDY JESUS' in there, from the crowd of relatives that were cheering her on.



So, my husband arrives and didn't really want to kill it as it was a pretty cool looking snake. (not to mention HIGHLY POISONOUS and the BITING KIND). But, since he was the only man present, he couldn't very well just pass it off to someone else. (sometimes...it IS good to be a girl).

He killed the snake, JUST before it slithered up into the woman's house, and then kept the tail.

Now...honestly, I love him dearly, but you know you might be a redneck if you bring home a rattlesnake tail to show your yankee wife. Reason being...what on God's green earth would make you think that she would want to see something like that? Ever?

He has to know that I am not one of those woodsy mountain kind of women that enjoys that sort of thing.


When I did actually figure out what it was, I was horrified. It is now sitting on the counter, very near the Plexiglas makeshift kitchen table, as I refuse to move it, or touch it.

I feel that if I do, I might as well go out and buy some camouflage underwear and succumb to the redneckiness that God may have intended for me, but I am still fighting pretty hard.



However, I appear to be losing. Where's my chawing terbaccee y'all?? lol...

No comments: